Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bean Town, Part Two

The next day, I killed time at the Boston Public Library, designed by my favorite archi-hustlers McKim, Mead, and White. There was a great exhibit of Yousuf Karsh's photography. It was also a great place to charge my dead cellphone and read up some US population statistics (did I mention I was killing time?) After that, I explored the various galleries of Newbury Street while waiting for Elizabeth to come and rescue me. I saw some nice original Warhol prints and Picasso etchings at DTR Modern Galleries. Once she arrived, we had dinner and made our way to our friend Morgan's party at Eastern Standard. Good times. I hope my new car key comes in soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just visited Yousuf Karsh's website. His work is superb. You know how particular I am about photography and I was blown away by his work. Alas, I've realized that I wish all photography were in black and white. Some of his photographs were breathtaking... Can we go see the exhibit together when we go back to visit the Katz cats?